6.06.2006

Bachelorhood

Here I am for my monthly post. Jenn and the kids are in Wichita Falls for VBS at Grace Church, which leaves me as the lone resident in the Wimberley household this week. Believe it or not, I'm counting down the days until they come home. I don't like being here alone for this long...a day or two is a nice break, but a week is too long. I would sure hate to be single!! Jenn, kids, I love you and miss you!

Sunday I watched Jamie McMurray ALMOST pull off a win in the NASCAR race. Last night I watched the Hurricanes pull off a frustrating come from behind win in game 1 of the Stanley Cup. Never in my life did I expect to be cheering for the much-hated Edmonton Oilers, but it's hard for me to cheer for a relatively new expansion team. It's like they haven't been around long enough to earn their keep. After the upsetting game, I updated the check book and then read my new RealFighter magazine. Mysteriously, a few weeks ago, a RealFighter t-shirt showed up in my mailbox - neither Jenn or I ordered it, so it must have been a surprise gift from someone! Still don't know who, but thank you whoever it was! Well then yesterday, a RealFighter magazine showed up in my mailbox! WAHOO! RealFighter is the leading MMA (mixed martial arts) magazine with TONS of UFC coverage, which I LOVE!! It's been awhile since I've read a magazine cover to cover, but I sat up in bed until 1:30 this morning reading the whole thing! Tonight I watched Ron White - You Can't Fix Stupid. I hadn't seen that one yet, and was actually a little disappointed. I normally like Ron White, but this one just wasn't that funny. Larry the Cable Guy is the funniest one of the 4. Afterwards, I went outside and hung out with the neighbors for awhile. Celeste brought out some fresh iced tea and chocolate chip cookies!! YUMMY!! So now I sit here updating my blog in a quiet and lonely house. In a few minutes I think I'll go shampoo the carpet while everyone is away...at least I hope to get motivated enough to do so! I also need to go in the garage and workout. Jeff, as Josh already asked you, how did you lose 15 pounds?? I need to lose about 40!! However, I want to lose it while still drinking cokes, eating anything, and not exercising...is that possible?

Work is not fun right now. Very stressful and overwhelming. We're growing faster than what we can handle. Enough about that though - I'll leave work at work.

I really miss Grace Church. Our church down here is good, but not as good as Grace. It's a little more fluff than what I prefer - a little more Monday morning application and less in-depth studying. I miss Tom, Reggie, and Lance's teaching. I learned more in the ~5 years at Grace than I have in my entire life. We're starting a study of Daniel in our small group though, so I hope to get some good substinence from it. However, we don't have any DTS grads in our group, so it will be a little challenging at times. Nonetheless, I have a positive outlook towards it.

OK, before I end this, I HAVE to include a joke I just got in an email from Lou, my former boss in Wichita Falls...I laughed out loud!!

Donald Rumsfeld is briefing George Bush in the Oval Office.

"Oh and finally, sir, three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq
today."

Bush goes pale, his jaw hanging open in stunned disbelief. He buries
his face in his hands, muttering "Oh, No...PLEASE, No".
"Mr. President," says Cheney, "it's terrible anytime we lose soldiers, but
I've never seen you this upset. What's the matter?"

Bush looks up and says..."How many is a Brazilian'?"


OK, I think I'll go workout and maybe shampoo the carpet...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Kirk...are you still alone at home?At the moment here I'd like to be alone at home!!! However, if you start losing weight drinking and eating please let me know your diet!! Love